Coronary angiography is one of the procedures that Dr Manchanda has been performing over the years. Through angiography, the doctor gets angiogram
(images of a blood vessel) that helps in identifying the restrictions in the heart's blood flow.
The procedure is an integral part of cardiac catheterization. It helps the patient to get relief from the problems associated with the blockages of the blood vessel.
During Coronary angiography,
- Our doctors will make you lie on the X-Ray table.
- An intravenous line IV will be inserted into the blood vessel through which the sedation will be delivered.
- Nurses apply sedation and anaesthesia to relax the body muscles.
- The doctor will make a small incision point on the groin or arms region.
- A catheter tube will be placed that will connect to the blood vessel of the heart.
- Doctors will check the angiograms (images of the blood vessel) accordingly. Thereafter, our doctors might act for cardiac catheterization or angioplasty based on the condition.